The target group of the disabled is a very broad audience, but each client is unique in his or her possibilities and limitations. The place in society of people with disabilities has changed positively in recent years . People with disabilities no longer want to be patronized. They want to make choices and keep in control. In other words, they want to be the director of their own lives.
It is important that people with disabilities develop self-confidence and be sure of their own competencies. Quality of life is a concept that becomes more and more widespread and gradually become more important in the care for the disabled.
If you choose a large permanent MSE/Snoezelen room it is important that all sensory perceptions and experiences can take place. Selection and dosage of sense stimulation should be possible and even a prerequisite to be able to adapt the room to the personal preferences.
For this individual target group we design the MSE based on its unique five principles:
Multiple Disabilities / Autism / ADHD
1. It provides a large variety of sensory stimuli.
2. Ability to control, adapt and dose the stimuli is a must.
3. A division of the space into separate areas for optimal stimulus.
4. A good mix of relaxing, active and interactive equipment and activities.
5. A dynamic and attractive décor.