Sensory Rooms for all people with special needs
Worldwidesnoezelen.com is proud to offer the best Sensory Room Equipment , all individually designed to suit the requirements of the users. Whether it be interactive or calming we can help you create the environment you want to achieve in your space for your users!
Alzheimer and Dementia
The main characteristic of dementia is the loss of autonomy and loss of identity. The result is that feelings of fear play an important role in the experiential world of the demented elderly.
Furthermore, people with dementia:
1. experience their deterioration and suffer,
2. are living more and more in their past,
3. experience their stay in an institution as stressful
An important part of care for people with dementia is "to meet". The aim of these true 'encounters' is providing security and protection. If the caregiver is able to do this, people with dementia feel less abandoned. And this fosters the wellbeing of the elderly.
A MSE/Snoezelen room for this group therefore has a great added and supportive role in fostering the well-being of the individual. It offers the resident the opportunity to escape from everyday reality. The anxiety may even just be forgotten because they literally step into another world. The MSE/Snoezelenroom is also for the caregiver an excellent place to 'meet' the resident
For this target group we design the MSE based on its unique five principles:
1. It is a place of rest and relaxation.
2. It offers sufficient 'distraction' or stimuli that decreases the anxiety.
3. It is a safe and familiar environment that appeals to positive memories.
4. It gives a sense of support, recognition and familiarity for the resident.
5. It must enable the caregiver to make contact